GENDER EQUITY POLICY
The purpose of this policy is
To set out Grieg Seafood’s principles in ensuring that it maintains a gender equity based approach to all of its organizational operational activities.
Grieg Seafood is committed to supporting gender equity in our workplace. We aim to ensure that all our staff have the same opportunities, rights and respect, regardless of their gender.
Gender equity is the process of being fair to women and men. Gender equity recognizes that within all communities, women and men have different benefits, access to power, resources and responsibilities.
To ensure fairness, strategies must often be available to compensate for women’s historical and social disadvantages that prevent women and men from operating on an equal playing field. Gender equity leads to gender equality, where there are equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities for women and men.
- Ensure Grieg Seafood as a workplace provides equitable opportunities for its male and female employees and maintains an organizational culture which supports gender equity.
- Promote a family friendly workplace for men and women through the following activities;Parental leave options to both men and women
- Flexible working arrangements to staff
- Working from home options for staff
- Regular review of policy, procedures and strategies to ensure gender equity principles are maintained
- Create an equitable, respectful and enabling environment for men and women within the organization through the following activities;
- Ensure that there is gender representation in all cross functional teams, interview and assessment panels
- Ensure that gender equity exists with regards to remuneration of employees
- Seek opportunities to encourage gender diversity in positions historically filled by gender stereotypes
- Demonstrate gender equity social responsibility through the following community related activities;
- Require suppliers to Grieg Seafood to support our principles through our supplier code of conduct
- Ensure senior representation on external networks that address gender equity issues
Who is responsible for implementing this policy
CEO & Global Management Team is responsible for
- Championing the policy
Managers & Supervisors are responsible for
- Communicating policy to all staff
- Adhering to policy
- Addressing issues
CHRO is responsible for
- Reviewing policy
- Communicating policy organizationally
- Advising and assisting managers and supervisors in addressing issues
- Providing regular training / awareness in relation to gender equity
All staff are responsible for
- Adhering to policy
- Attending regular training / awareness programs
- Gender equity is the process of being fair to women and men in decision making and the provision of resources and the addressing of imbalances. Gender equity recognises that within all communities, women and men have different benefits, access to power, resources and responsibilities.
- Gender equity leads to gender equality, where there are equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities for women and men.
This Policy is implemented in conjunction with the following documents:
- GSF Training & Competence Policy
- Flexible Working Arrangements – GSF Personnel handbook
- Working from Home Arrangements – GSF Personnel Handbook
- GSF Employee Code of Conduct
- GSF Supplier Code of Conduct
- GSF Human Resources Strategy